The Yokoso Dutch Open will use the WAKO Rules! For all the rules, please go to the bottom of this page.
- We will not allow traditional clothes (gi, debok) for any sparring discipline!
- For Point Fighting and Light Contact you must wear a T shirt and long pants or the kickboxing suit for these disciplines.
- For Kick Light you must wear a short kickboxing pants and T-shirt and for K1 only the short Kickboxing pants and no T-shirt. For women of course they must wear a T-shirt. For Forms it is allowed to wear Traditional clothes!
- Gloves: PF, the gloves must be open at the hand palm. LC, KL and K1, the gloves must be closed and 10 oz. The Gloves must be in good condition.
- Other mandatory protective gear: Headgear, mouth piece, shin protection, safety kicks and groin protection. For K1: Headgear, mouth piece, groin protection, shin/foot protection. BEWARE ELBOW PATHS ARE MANDATORY IN POINT FIGHTING ONLY!!
- Please check the rules for any of your questions or contact us.
- Beginners Younger Cadets and Older Cadets only Pointfighting: These categories are for REAL beginners. The fighter can only participate in this division if they participate in maximum 4 tournaments of WAKO/WKA/WTKA/WKU/ISKA in Point fighting/semi contact or max 6 tournaments of other organisations.
- Beginners Junior/ Senior divisions: The fighter can only participate in this division if they have participate in max 8 tournaments of WAKO/WKA/WTKA/WKU/ISKA in Pointfighting/semi contact and a max of 16 tournaments of other organisations.
- Beginners K1: If a fighter have fought less than 9 fights in Gala’s or 15 fights in tournaments he/she can register as a beginner. If he has more fights he/ must enter the advanced categories.
We will check if the fighters are registered in the right categories! Please keep in mind we have these categories for the safety of all the fighters and to experience WAKO Kickboxing on their level. We trust the coaches to register them in the right categories. It is allowed to register for multiple categories! If you have any questions, please contact us.
K1 for Cadets and Older Junior
This will be according to Dutch Law. According to Dutch law it’s not allowed to have contact to the head if you are younger than 17 year in a full contact fight. From the age of 10 till 17 we will have K1 but with NO CONTACT TO THE HEAD! The protection needed is the same as for the juniors and the seniors. The fights will be in the ring.
WAKO Rule Changes Summary 1st August 2016 ( Final) (1)
Chapter 2_Ring Sports_General Rules_v18
Chapter 3_Tatami Sports_General Rules
Chapter 4_Point Fighting _ v19 _2_ (1)